Current and historical information includes new, confirmed, active and recovered cases by region. Inpatient and intensive care unit (ICU) hospitalizations by region are also provided. Data can be downloaded.
- As of August 4th, there are nine (9) new confirmed cases of COVID-19, bringing the total to 1,368 reported cases
- 1,368 cases are confirmed
- 253 cases out of the 1,368 cases are considered active (18.5%)
- 213 of the cases are individuals in the 19 and under age category; all others are adults, with 50% of the cases are males and 50% are females
- 15% (204) of cases are travel-related, 51% (697) are either contacts or linked to a mass gathering event, 26% (359) have no known exposures and 8% (108) are under investigation by local public health
- 64 cases are healthcare workers, although the source of their infections may not be health care related
- A total of 14 individuals are hospitalized; including seven (7) inpatient hospitalizations and seven (7) ICU hospitalizations
- 18 Saskatchewan residents with COVID-19 have died. Saskatchewan now has a fatality rate of 1.3%
- A total of 1,097 individuals have recovered (80.2%)
- 104,279 COVID-19 tests have been performed in Saskatchewan. As of August 2, 2020 when other provincial and national numbers are available from PHAC, Saskatchewan’s per capita rate was 76,290 people tested per million population. The national rate was 111,154 people tested per million population.